Please read the following information carefully. This privacy notice contains information about what data we collect and store about you in respect of your use of our website and/or purchasing services from us and why. It also tells you who we share this information with, the security mechanisms we have put in place to protect your data and how to contact us if you have a complaint.
(1) Who are we?
Project 808 Ltd (Company number 12477870) uses and is responsible for personal information about you. When we do this, we are the ‘controller’ of this information for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data protection laws.
Data Protection enquiries can be made to:
Project 808 Limited
4th Floor Broadhurst House
56 Oxford Street
Telephone: 0333 090 4115
(2) Information collected by us
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which a person can be identified. We may collect, use, store and transfer the following different kinds of personal data about you:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Company/organisation name
- Marketing preferences
- Any other information that you provide to us through our sales process or when corresponding with us generally.
We also collect anonymous statistics and data regarding your use of our website www.project808.co.uk/ (“Website”)
(3) How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions
You may give us your personal information by accessing our Website, filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
– Enquire about or purchase our products or services;
– Use any of our products or Services;
– Give us feedback or contact us.
- Automated technologies and interactions.
(4) How do we use your Personal Data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending direct marketing communication to you via email. You have the right to withdraw such consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We have set out below a description of the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
Lawful basis for processing (including basis of legitimate interest)
To register you as a new customer and/or user
Performance of a contract with you
To process and deliver your order including to manage payment, fees and charges and collect and recover money owed to us
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, report and hosting of data)
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise.
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
To deliver relevant content to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of providing said content
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how potential customers and/or referrers may use our services, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
(5) Disclosures to third parties
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below.
- Siteground who host our website and store data on our behalf.
We will not share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
We will share personal information with law enforcement agencies if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third parties without your consent.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Certain of our external third parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data may from time to time involve a transfer of data outside of the EEA, though the majority of the time your personal data will be processed within the UK or the EEA
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed by the UK Government to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved for use in the UK which give personal data the same protection as it has in the UK.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
(6) How long will be store your personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purpose we collected it for, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting, or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect of our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
We have determined that we will hold on to your personal data for a period of one year from the date that you make initial contact with us via our Website. This ensures that we are able to access your personal data quickly if needed during the time when you are most likely to purchase services from us following that initial contact.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your personal data (see “Your rights” below).
(7) Your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights that you can exercise free of charge. In summary, these rights are:
- Access to your personal information and other supplementary information;
- Correction of any mistakes or to complete missing information we hold on you;
- Require the erasure of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Transfer to you a copy of the personal information you have provided to us or have this information be sent to a third party, this will be provided to you or the third party in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format;
- Object at any time to processing of your personal information;
- Restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Request not to be subject to automated decision making which produce legal effects that concern you or affect you in a significantly similar way.
If you want more information about your rights under the GDPR please see the Guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office on Individual’s rights under the GDPR.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please:
- Email, call or write to Project 808 Ltd at the above address;
- Provide other information so that we can identify you. We may need to contact you to request further information to verify your identity;
- Let us have proof of your identity and address;
- State the right or rights that you wish to exercise.
We will respond to you within one month from when we receive your request.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
We also provide the option to allow or reject the above types of cookie.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 180 days.
We do not intend to process your personal information for any reason other than stated within this privacy notice. If this changes we will inform you.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy noticed was published on 28th February 2022.
We constantly review our internal privacy practices and may change this policy from time to time. When we do we will inform you.
How to make a complaint
Please get in touch if you have any issues or complaints.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular, in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where the alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The UK supervisory authority if the Information Commissioner’s Office who can be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you or wish to opt-out please contact Project 808 Ltd whose details are set out above.